Wednesday 23 February 2011

Art or Art?


No good art and no bad art exists...only art. For a person to put emotion and thought into producing a thing to gaze at and to interest others is art. I love all art everything from simply sketching to adding water based paint. Abstract art, Expressionism, Impressionism, Modern art, Pop art, Postimpressionism, Realism and Surrealism.





The art of Salvador Dali knocks me out along with the great Pablo Picasso. The Art Deco style paintings of Tamara de Lempicka drive me crazy and the Russian artist Kandinsky sends me so high up into the sky and out into space and beyond. But I sincerely love the Mexican artist Frida Kahlo both her art and her as a living, breathing person.

1 comment:

  1. I love that art 'speaks" to us... Those of us who enjoy it. As I said last post, I love Tamara's artwork... The streamline Art Deco styles...

    Occasionally I will do a google image search or eBay search for original artists artwork, to see what's "new", and to discover contemporary artists whose work I love. Lots of talent out there right now!

    ReplyDelete